Re: Reasons for wanting to remove my documents

> Unfortunately the impression I got was that the new LDP has a gotten the
> focus of LDP completely wrong. Instead of focusing on the documentation
> aspect of the project by providing the best documentation possible e.g.
> making the life of the authors easier LDP chooses to concentrate on
> completely superficial things such as the graphic layout of the web site.

I am afraid that this is entirely not true, please remember that just
because "I" say something, this does not reflect the entire team. It only
reflects what I am responsible for. I am responible for the Website, and
the website currently is the most visible part of the LDP. Therefore I can
see why that would be the impression. However I assure you that we are in
constant cotact about the other issues that have been raised about the
LDP.

I don't know if this will help but these are the things that I am
currently working on.

In Progess:

Private Discussion:

	Area for authors only (online web based)
	This will include an area for suggestions/comments so that they
	archived and implemented if required.

Links page:

	Changing the Links page so that it it separate pages instead
	of 1 big page.

Online Submit:

	The ability to automatically submit your SGML document write into
	the LDP archives for publishing. This is not a live submit, but it is
	better than it was.

Pending:

FTP Access:

	I have offered FTP access to every author, but I am awaiting
	approval for this.

GUY:	I know he is working on CVS as is TIM

GREG:	Is working on helping with some of the website issues

Anyway I hope this helps a little bit.

Poet