QC volunteers? (Was: Re: General Positive Feedback re: revision of site (fwd))

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 01:28:09PM -0600, Vladimir Vuksan wrote:
> I do usually look on the bright side but after you spend a lot of our
> updating, editing your documentations and after never receiving any
> response from the LDP maintainers and after waiting two months to have a
> HOWTO commited and had promises broken I think I have to right to
> be critical.

You have ; I'll try to explain how HOWTOs should be submitted now :
any new HOWTO or updated HOWTO *must* be sent to ldp-submit ml.

On this list, many ppl receive them, therefore delivery problems are
avoided.

If Tim receive no negative feedback by QC, he can include them ; if they
aren't processed say 1 week later, our webmasters will add a copy to the
'incoming' section of linuxdoc.org (Joshua, could you add a link on the
main page ?)

> Writing documentation is not easy and I certainly could find better uses
> for my time if I will be treated like dirt.

We are trying to treat authors the best we can, however the QC is
starting slowly : there's only 1 member in the QC team !!!!

People who would like to be part of the QC team should subscribe to
ldp-submit@lists.linuxdoc.org (mail ldp-submit-request).

Submitted documents should be reread to look for mistakes, typos...

--
Guylhem Aznar, Linux Documentation Project leader: http://www.linuxdoc.org
               Clef PGP/PGP key:    http://oeil.qc.ca/~guylhem

PGP signature