"The Linux Gazette...making Linux just a little more fun!"
Greetings From Jim Dennis
- graphic chipset Linux/CA-810 --or--
- Linux on an Intel "Camino" CA810 Motherboard
- March Linux Gazette blurb --or--
- When "Quit Confirm" Dialogs are NOT Enough...
- When you burn an ISO image to a CD... --or--
- What to do with .ISO files
- Where did it go --or--
- Can't Format "Network" Drive to do Install
- hardware error li_ --or--
- Linux Gazette Answer Guy Privacy Statement
- libguile --or--
- A Be-GUILE-ing Question
- co-processes --or--
- zsh Co-processes
- virtual console login --or--
- Console Logins Fail; KDM Okay?
Or: System Integrity Checking
- Redhat display --or--
- Simple: Change X Resolutions on the Fly
- 2c Tip: Show TCP/UDP port usage --or--
- Cross Comment: 2cent Tips
- Communicting between subnets with no router :-? --or--
- Routing Mystery
- Question --or--
- Shutting Down the "ping Daemon"
- LILO Windows boot --or--
- Keeping Both Hard Drives Connected
New LILO Overcomes 1024 Cylinder Limit!
- Icewm and open xterm with root rights --or--
- ICEWM Key Bindings (Macros) and X in "Toaster" Mode
- LI Problem (Answered) --or--
- LILO Stopping at LI --- LBA and "linear", or NOT
- Lost Password --or--
- Simpler Way to Recover From a Lost Password
- source code of fsck --or--
- Getting to the Source(s) of fsck
- Linux as a Win NT server --or--
- Singing the Song for Samba
- Telnet goes X? --or--
- Exporting a DISPLAY
- fvwm2 and blank screens --or--
- That Blankety Blanker!
- rsh works but not -display... --or--
- Permission Denied on -display
- Cardboard Boxes --or--
- Thinking AROUND the Box?
- Intel's integrated Chipset --or--
- Identifying the Integrated Video Chipset
- Advice on Linux --or--
- InfoRocket, Experts Exchange, Answer Guy and Netnews
Greetings from Jim Dennis
I've been thinking about Linux. And about those penguins.
Need a better mascot. Cats. Cats are cute. Cats go everywhere.
We're smarter than that. But penguins - they live there. Hsss!
Besides, penguins are birds. Birds are snacks. Cats have been on the
internet far longer.
Everyone knows lynx was one of
the first hunters here. We already have three Linux disties anyway
Cats are the purrrrrfect mascot for the new Linux.
Hmm. I had a pretty darn good blurb written up about cool new stuff in
2.4 (still in the pre phase right now) but when I came back to my chair after
getting coffee, my cat had taken over the chair and was sitting there,
As I lack the time to do it over (again!) here you go. See you next
Copyright © 2000, James T. Dennis
Published in The Linux Gazette Issue 52 April 2000