November 2006 (#132):
- Mailbag, by Kat Tanaka Okopnik
- Talkback, by Kat Tanaka Okopnik
- News Bytes, by Howard Dyckoff
- 2-cent Tips, by Kat Tanaka Okopnik
- Deploying IPCop, by Barrie Dempster and James Eaton-Lee
- Boosting Apache Performance by using Reverse Proxies, by René Pfeiffer and pooz
Once upon not so very long ago, a lone Web server was in distress.
- Poor Man's Laptop, by Gerrit Renker
Laptops are fine, if you can afford them.
- Booting a Linux Box via a USB Micro Drive (USB-MD), by Dr. Richard Sevenich
The situation can typically arise at an educational institution or in a training environment where a general purpose (Linux-based or not) computer laboratory is set up to allow student users access to a lab machines, but not super user (root) access.
- Troubleshooting Apache using strace, by Vishnu Ram V
- Classic Shell Scripting (Book Review), by John Weatherwax
- HelpDex, by Shane Collinge
These images are scaled down to minimize horizontal scrolling.
- The Geekword Puzzle, by Samuel Kotel Bisbee-vonKaufmann
or read TWDT
Members of the LG Staff who provided additional services in this issue:
- Proofing: Samuel Kotel Bisbee-vonKaufmann, Hugo Bernier, Rick Moen, Ben Okopnik, René Pfeiffer, Steve Brown, Ramon van Alteren