By Jim Dennis, Ben Okopnik, Dan Wilder, Breen, Chris, and the Gang,
the Editors of Linux Gazette...
Send questions (or interesting answers) to
There is no guarantee that your questions
here will ever be answered. You can be published anonymously
- just let us know!
- ¶: Greetings From Heather Stern
- Hi --or--
- Need a Free StarOffice Killer
- pps files
- Re: Printing to specific forms... --or--
- Checks vs. Plain Paper
set your print queues to stun, er, hold.
- Setting Up ISP --or--
- Free Business Consulting: NOT!
- Linux-based VPNs --or--
- Success and Horror Stories
- RE: Linux Dialin Server
- hello gang out there, another sendmail case
- dump device config. --or--
- Linux Kernel Crashdumps: HOW?
... and links to lots of unofficial kernel patches
- RE: linux information --or--
- Homework assignment: define these Linux terms
- RE: Download Linux
- Kernel upgrade
- LFS: Large File Summit/Support
- RE: Help! --or--
- Which scanner and printer should I buy?
- More MX Record stuff --or--
- Domain Renaming and E-mail Routing and Re-writing
- Article idea --or--
- MySQL tips and tricks
- Adding a new hard drive to a running system.
- LINUX FOR THE PRODUCTION ENVIROMENT
- RE: Question: special keys
- set userid bit question --or--
- Operation Not Permitted on SUID Program
Greetings from Heather Stern
For those of you who've noticed this ran late, sorry 'bout that! I had
a DSL outage ... in fact, if it had just plain died it might
have been easier, since I would have known to reach for a
But, things are all better now. Boy have I got a new appreciation for the
plight of those stuck behind a slow dialup line. Ouchie. Now we have a
brand new router and a freshly repaired external DSL drop.
Okay, enough of that. I want to give a big hand of appluase for the
new, improved Answer Gang. The Gang deserves a giant
standing ovation is that over 400 slices of mail passed through nthe box
this month. That's about twice as many as the month before... and a lot of
people got answers
As always I remind you that we can't guarantee that you'll get one...
and nowadays I can't even manage to publish all the good ones. I stopped
pubbing the short-and-sweet FAQs a few issues ago.
We have some summary
bios. Not everyone --
some of us are shy -- but now you can know a few of the Gang a
Last but not least, there's a big thanks to my Dad in there. Enjoy!
This page edited and maintained by the Editors
of Linux Gazette
Copyright © 2001
Published in issue 67 of Linux Gazette June 2001