Here we will see what we need to try a Sat system.
For this trying you need some experience in internetworking under Linux
Net-HOWTO) and a very little of practical experience with parabolic antenna
and sat systems (you should be able to pointing out your antenna, with right
- Parabolic antenna, also taken from an analog system.
- Digital converter to be placed in the middle of the antenna.
- Receiver card DVB compatible.
- a PC to connect to.
Here you need a
- driver for the DVB card working under your O.S. (Linux, Windows or other).
- right setting to use it
- external application in some cases (such as VPN-PPTP client for ISP like
Netsystem or Starspeeder).
For the software under Linux you can found the Siemens DVB driver at
Linux TV Project.
There is also some Video software used to implement TV reception:
MultiDec 6.6b (free with source code)
TPREdit (for Technotrend)
- WinTV DVBs
Technotrend(for Siemens compatible card, Hauppauge, Technotrend, Technisat,
WinDVB2000 (about 19$).
- gVideo is an application included in Siemens driver
- Vdr Video Recoder (good for watch TV)