- A Personal Computer, laptop or desktop, called the target
computer or simply target.
- A 3 1/4" inch floppy drive on the target.
- Two or three fresh floppies. They don't need to be
formatted. You also need one more DOS formatted floppy if you have
to play with
- Another computer with a cdrom drive and nfs services,
called source computer or simply source. It doesn't have
to be a Linux system but just a system which can export a cdrom
drive via nfs. In this HOWTO, I assume it is a Linux system.
- A cdrom distribution. I took a Debian Hamm (2.0r3) from
an old Infomagic compilation. I think every distribution can be
installed this way, but I'm not sure. I've read a
written by Chmouel Boudjnah, saying the RedHat distribution has an
easy installation process. Chmouel's document also deals with the
Debian distribution, so if you read French, you can use Chmouel's
document instead of this one.
- A Null-Modem DB 25 cable. Is it the same as a serial
cable? You'll find the answer in the next release.
- Some time: 3 hours.
- Coffee. 1 liter.